Chipotle Steak Rice Bowls are made with tender and juicy steak, bell peppers, corn and avocado over a bed of white or brown rice.
My family loves anything Mexican-inspired and these Chipotle Steak Rice Bowls has been one of our favorite go-to meals when we’re craving anything with Tex-Mex flavors.
They come together easily in one pan with bell peppers, onions, and a juicy flank steak marinated with fresh lime and zesty seasonings.
Serve them up by dividing the steak and veggies into bowls over some white or brown rice (feel free to use cauliflower rice if you prefer). Pile on all your favorite toppings like avocado, cilantro — plus a squeeze of lime—and you’re ready for a healthy fiesta.
HOW TO MAKE CHIPOTLE STEAK RICE BOWLS
- Start off by making the seasoning which is a blend of chipotle chili pepper powder, cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Combine the olive oil, lime juice, low sodium soy sauce and fajita seasonings and pour over the steak. Allow to sit while you prep the onions and bell peppers.
- Heat a large 12″ skillet over medium high heat and cook the onions until they are soft and fragrant, then add the bell peppers.
- Melt the butter on the same skillet and sear the steak. Transfer to a cutting board and allow the steak to rest for about 5-10 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
- Assemble the bowls by dividing the rice evenly among each bowl. Add the cooked steak and bell pepper mixture on top of the rice.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings: avocado slices, cilantro, lime wedges – and feel free to add guacamole and / or sour cream as well.